pressure loss in boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Gavina ,oil fired combi- boiler. Hot water is fine. Have just opened the boiler valves for the central heating.The pressure drops from 1.5 to zero and have for 10 minutes used re-fill loop to no avail .Is it that I have an extremely large leak ?Any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
Is water actually passing through the filling loop?? Undo the boiler end and see! It's intended that they're slow. Could the ch have been emptied - why else would the valves be shut?

ChrisR said:
Is water actually passing through the filling loop?? Undo the boiler end and see! It's intended that they're slow. Could the ch have been emptied - why else would the valves be shut?

Have found the water is passing through and as you said the ch system was empty and this is the first time it has been commisioned .I have added 5 new radiators to the existing but the ch system has never been used. Don't have a clue how much water is required to fill the system or how long this should take. Did have the radiators working and bled, but the pressure was not sustainable and decided to abort this to seek advice .Any further advices would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
stuparry said:
ChrisR said:

Have found the water is passing through and as you said the ch system was empty and this is the first time it has been commisioned .I have added 5 new radiators to the existing but the ch system has never been used. Don't have a clue how much water is required to fill the system or how long this should take. Did have the radiators working and bled, but the pressure was not sustainable and decided to abort this to seek advice .Any further advices would be appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back