pressure loss on sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im totally stuck with a central heating system i installed last may. everything was working fine until last dec when i got a fone call from the customer claiming that the pressure on her boiler had dropped to zero. the boiler itself is a worcester 40 cdi and was fitted onto an existing open vent system. The house is very large and over all has 9 large old double panelled radiators, without the convector fins. my immediate instinct was a small leak so i checked all the new trv and lockshield valves i had fitted for leakage and added a dose of fernox leak sealer. after a few days i got another fone call to say that the pressure had dropped again. i went back and checked the prv and expansion vessel, they were all fine, next i started to zone off the upstairs circuit from the downstairs and left this for a day to find the pressure staying up. since then i've had all the downstairs pipework (which is all copper with yorkshie fittings) exposed and have not managed to trace any weeps at all.
Could the explantion for the pressure loss be due to the expansion vessel on the boiler being too small and needing an extra one fitted?
ive ran the boiler to correct running temperature and pressure is rising to correct 4% increase.(no overpressurising)
Ive considered repiping the downstairs circuit although the customer cannot see the point if a leak cannot be found.

everyones ideas wud b much appreciated! many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back