Pressurised DHW system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a 4-bed house that is going to have underfloor heating on the ground floor, radiators on the first floor and a pressurised DHW system.

I would also like to use two sources of heat, a gas boiler and a wood burning stove connected to two indirect coils in an unvented cylinder but I was concerned as to how I was going to make the wood burning stove circuit fail safe.

I think my investigations today have revealed that I'm not allowed to connect a solid fuel stove to an unvented cylinder and therefore I'm starting to look at thermal stores (e.g. Gledhill BoilerMate OV) instead.

I think these can be connected to a solid fuel stove because they have an open vent but apparently they also provide a pressurised DHW system.

Please can anyone confirm this?

Sponsored Links
A boilermate, god help you if you fit one, will give DHW at cold mains pressure as the HW is not stored, but heated as in a combi boiler style.

The 'cylinder' is just a store of pre-heated water for the system to send where it is needed.

A boilermate, god help you if you fit one, will give DHW at cold mains pressure as the HW is not stored, but heated as in a combi boiler style.

The 'cylinder' is just a store of pre-heated water for the system to send where it is needed.

now now g4y nothing wrong with boilermates WHEN INSTALLED CORRECTLY and treated accordingly,much better option than unvented in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back