prestigious wallpaper brand - any knowledge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Know absolutely nothing on brands of wallpaper and what is deemed rubbish, good quality etc.
Seen some prestigious wallpaper I like from their view collection, but can
t seem to find any reviews or much about them.
Anyone used this brand before?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Which brand? What's its name? Why do you think it's prestigious if you know nothing about it? :confused:

http://prestigious.co.uk/wallcoverings/view
Prestigious is the brand.
It is a mid-price range paper.
I have personally not used it before but have seen it on Interior design websites. Seems that most of it is 'paste the wall' which is a good sign as far as I am concerned.
All of the better quality papers that I use are this type. I dont see any obvious problem with this stuff

Which brand? What's its name? Why do you think it's prestigious if you know nothing about it? :confused:

Erm, Brand is Prestigious, name is Prestigious and the wallpaper is part of their view collection. I know its prestigious as it says so. As all said above, i do not know a good brand from a rubbish one..

Am i missing something here?

Thanks Deanibus

Sponsored Links
jackpot";p="2319716 said:
Am i missing something here?

:) Yes. You were missing the punctuation which would have made your first post make sense.

Now you've capitalised Prestigious as a name, your query makes sense. Otherwise, it makes it look like the adjective'prestigious', simply meaning desirable/expensive/high status.

prestigious wallpaper brand

Seen some prestigious wallpaper I like from their view collection, but cant seem to find any reviews or much about them.

Anyone used this brand before?

Obviously not! ;)

Now you've capitalised Prestigious as a name, your query makes sense. Otherwise, it makes it look like the adjective'prestigious', simply meaning desirable/expensive/high status.

The words 'clutching' and 'straws' come to mind! ;)

The words 'clutching' and 'straws' come to mind! ;)

:) There wasn't much else to clutch at, really.

If people want help, they are more likely to be responded to quickly and by more people if their posts make full sense.

The post started 'seen some prestigious wallpaper I like', so I thought 'perhaps he means Farrow and Ball, or Sanderson, etc'. If you're thinking that, the rest of the post falls apart, pragmatically.

If the name of the wallpaper brand is not the main point of the post, you can probably get away without punctuating it as a name rather than just as an ordinary adjective with a different set of semantic connotations. But it was the main point - hence the confusion!

Next you'll be telling me it doesn't matter if we can't add up, either...

:) :mrgreen:

@ emilybronte

I accept the reasoning behind your confusion, and admit that a capital letter would have made it more obvious, but the OP's point came across clearly to me. ;)

I suppose, as an author, you have a better grasp of the written word and punctuation than wallpaper brands. :mrgreen:

@ jackpot,

I don't know about Prestigious wallpaper, but having had a look at it , I agree with the opinion of deanibusmaximus. ;)

@ emilybronte

I accept the reasoning behind your confusion, and admit that a capital letter would have made it more obvious, but the OP's point came across clearly to me. ;)
Thank you! I'm glad you agree with me. I'm not claiming the post was totally unintelligible - just that the reader had to work harder at it than should be necessary!

I suppose, as an author, you have a better grasp of the written word and punctuation than wallpaper brands. :mrgreen:
Well, we classic authors do have standards to maintain, but having said that, I am pretty knowledgeable about decorating, too. I can fling up a little floral paper in the shake of a grouse's leg and we don't have all the modern materials you do. We make our own wallpaper paste with fish bones and brewers' leftovers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back