prima cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I dont know if anyone can help but we have a problem with our prima double oven top oven works fine but the main oven has gone into stupid mode and wont turn on!
the light comes on when you switch to light but when you turn the switch to the oven functions the light goes out and the oven doesnt work.
I have tried setting the cook timer to see if it is in auto but following the instructions by setting the cooking mode and the temp and then trying to set the cooking time it just goes into minute minder and not cook time.
Any ideas anyone ?

Sponsored Links
I'm having the same problem with a Prima oven that you described in a post in April. Could you please tell me how you solved it?

I'm having the same problem with a Prima oven that you described in a post in April. Could you please tell me how you solved it?
Be prepared for it to cost alot, prima spares are notoriously expensive, it may be worth scouring the net for a fixed price repair, most probable a pcb fault.

Sponsored Links
I am having the same problem. My LPR 9028 is just out of a two year guarantee.
It turns out that Prima have known about the problem for some time. They have issued a Service Bulletin number 4812 715 40306.

It states: Defect of Display Board and/or Power Board (Old Invensys).
The Display Board (Ampere) 4812 130 38793 should be replaced with a Norrkoping 4812 130 18696.
The Power Board (Ampere) 4812 214 58345 should be replaced with a Norrkoping Board 4812 214 58615.

As there is a known fault with these boards, Prima should replace free of charge.

Models involved are: AKL 904 IX, AKL 904 WH, AKL 914 IX, AKL 914 WH,
BMZD 6200 IN, BMZD 6500 IN, EMZD 6260 IN, ELZD 6250 IN, BLZD 6250 IN, AKP 150 WH01, AKP 150 IX01, AKP 150 NB01, AKP 151 IX01, AKP 159 IX, AKP 308 IX, OV 9M S, LPR 9024, LPR 9026, LPR 9028, LPR 9030, AKZ 400 IX05.

Further to the above I have now had my cooker fixed for a fixed price of £119 through Prima.

First they changed the Power Board but had no effect. Then they came again and changed the Display Board which did the trick.

I am now writing a complaint and claiming my money back under the sale of goods act.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back