Profile 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 8 double rads and 4 single on two floors. The pump is a Wilo 50 5m located on the top floor and there is a Honeywell 3 way diverter valve. I have X100 inhibitor in the system. The boiler is on the ground floor.

Rads take about 45 mins to heat up at which point I can hear a couple air bubbles pass up the flow pipe. Sounds like the bubbles take a few minutes to form. They pass through the pump and into the top floor rads. Not much air comes out the rads when bleeding. When the boiler cycles off I can faintly hear water filling up (trickling) somewhere in the circuit or in the heat exchanger. Although, everything runs quiet when cold.

The flow and return pipes above the boiler are 28mm and run roughly for about 7 feet where they reduce to 22mm.

I was wondering if the system needs a larger pump?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you turn up the stat on the boiler, Are you runnning at minimum?also is the three port valve working properly may need checking that its not always in mid position

Sorry, The stat is on 4 ( 1-5 + Max ) I think its working o.k seems to cycle the boiler. Although, now you mention it I generally have it on 5 or max to get the rads really hot.

The valve seems o.k too. Had a new top half installed last year. The pipe leading off towards the rads don't get hot or warm when on hot water mode only and vice versa.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back