Prog about Traffic wardenitus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See the prog last (Thurs) night ?
With the widening of their powers, and the methodology in use, what chance keeping a clean driving sheet now ?
See the guy 'having' to pay a congestion charge fine, provably never owned, or set eyes upon the vehicle in question ? ...This is real extorsion is it not ? So where is the European protection in this type of case ... Could the guy take this type of thing to the court ?? Should our councils be allowing this stuff to take place ?
Blimey tis all getting a bit scary, and not a little disquieting, just how the motorist is seen as fair game for exploitation .... Says quite a lot about this country I think.
;)

Sponsored Links
I only caught a few minutes; the section where the traffic wardens are supposed to wait five minutes by the vehicle before applying the ticket. There he was stood next to a car where the driver was sleeping, instead of waking the driver and asking him to move, he issued a ticket after waiting the alotted time.

Also, the part where a woman wanted a refund on her conjestion ticket, as she didn't enter the zone. Yes madam certainly, but there is a £10.00 admin charge.

No wonder they get a bad name for themselves, blatant money making, nothing to do with keeping traffic moving :evil:

To be honest Pip, I couldn't believe what I was watching...

I've got some questions... Why has all this work been contracted out? Surely if local councils ran their own traffic wardens then all of the revenue would go into the local pot, and not into the hands of private companies. (be interesting to see how many councilers have a financial interest in these companies...) :rolleyes:

Why does it take 4 weeks for a fine to be posted to an offender? which does not allow for the perp to qualify for the discount. That is just a blatent rip-off.

In fact, this penalises a person more that has say just popped into a shop for a moment than someone that has parked for a long duration. Does that make sense to anyone other than me???? :confused:

Also, what made me laugh was the phrase 'what you have to do is...' even when someone has blatently not done anything wrong, they are expected to jump through legal hoops to satisfy these companies that they have done nothing wrong...!

If the DVLA records really are only 70% accurate, then surely something needs to change. Can't be that hard surely?

Also, what about the credit card payments slips.... Oh my god! What kind of chicken sh't outfit was that!!!

All in all, pretty scarey viewing.

Sponsored Links
Back