PVCU Window Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Does anyone know what type of key this lock takes? It's on PVCU window. I went to Timpsons and the chap said he hadn't seen one before. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20240407-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240407-WA0001.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
it appears do be a 8-pointed star. Does the star project, or is it a socket? does the centre of the star push in?

the common star key for mortice bolts only has six points.

Look at all the other window latches in the house and their keys. there may be a trade name.

there are several companies that specalise in replacement keys. For example

Never seen them before. Just buy new inline espag handle. If the handle is locked - it can be forced open with a small bit of force - they are flimsy enough - you won’t damage the actual window lock, just the handle lock. The handle will still open and shut window - yank it hard as you would normally open - dont pull handle toward you

Sponsored Links
it appears do be a 8-pointed star. Does the star project, or is it a socket? does the centre of the star push in?

the common star key for mortice bolts only has six points.

Look at all the other window latches in the house and their keys. there may be a trade name.

there are several companies that specalise in replacement keys. For example

Thanks John D. The centre of the star does not push in. The star projects i.e. that is the solid bit in the middle. I'll have a look at the website you mentioned - have been googling away but have not found anything - hence the ask.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back