Question on waste pipe to a WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello- Now I realise that this question will probably result in me getting a lot of well deserved abuse - as I think i've been a bit of a numpty - but i'll ask anyway.

I'm replacing the WC and have moved things around a bit. So when it came to re-connecting I ended up using an assortment of fittings as follows. 40mm offset WC connector off of the pan into a white 100mm tube about 3" long...into aanother WC connector with a right angle bend in it ...which then goes into a 110mm grey pipe. The 3" piece gives me the required offset before the 90' bend.

It all fit togeather nice & snug ...but i've just realised that the 100mm white pipe that I used , because it was lying about, is a piece of plastic ventiliation pipe...!

So, what's the verdict ...rip it out & use proper parts ...or will that 3" of 100mm vent pipe do just fine! ... will it go manky in that wet environment?

the pan all screwed down now ready to test ...

Steve

Sponsored Links
The vent pipe won't be hugely durable so it might split after a while. And I bet it looks nasty...any chance of a photo of your work? :LOL:

It's a pretty neat job I think and It'll be hidden behind a cover - it's just long term i'm concerned about. The pipe was definately lighter duty that grey 110mm ..but then again only a short 3^ piece.

Sponsored Links
you would of been better using a grey soil pipe 90 bend then a section of grey then the pan connector.

hope the pipe has got the right slope on it.
and could of done with bigger nogins and some pipe clips.
grs4.gif

Should 110mm grey pipe fit into the WC connector part of the 90' WC connector? I think I tried it but it was too tight. STeve

Sometimes you just have to do whatever works.

The important thing is that you've supported the branch pipe - without that, things could move over time and start weeping. Or should I say "suppurating"? :D

In your situation, I'd leave it as is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back