Question Re Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of installing this boiler as a replacement during the course of an extension but I have a couple of questions-

Firstly is there any reason why I can't install the boiler in the integral garage (It's obviously quite large and this would save space in the utility room)?

Secondly if it is in the garage it would be convinient to have the controls elsewhere. I know that Vaillant produce a wireless programmable control and thermostat (VRT 360F) but would I still need some sort of control on the boiler itself (there is a space on the front) or would the wireless control allow me to programme the central heating as well as setting the thermostat?

In case it is relevant the details of the house are as follows - 5 bed detached (when finished), some solid walls some filled cavity, one family bathroom, one en-suite shower room, double glazed.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No problem with it in your garage just check position for flueing.

The VRT 360f will control everything . No need for any other timer/programmer.

Make sure your incoming cold mains is at least 20 l/min, if not you will be wasting your money on this boiler.

Thanks Dave. I checked the flow rate this morning and it's 20L/Min.
Presumably something like the WB Highflow 440 would require a similar flow rate as that is my second choice?

the 937 is great but also consider the 838 exclusive and the 837. ;)

Sponsored Links
Dangermouse

I was looking at the 937 because it's got a fairly high flow rate for the showers and I think the DHW store is going to be very useful.

Dangermouse

I was looking at the 937 because it's got a fairly high flow rate for the showers and I think the DHW store is going to be very useful.

fair enough. you could also consider a system boiler and unvented cylinder . vaillant ecotec 630 and unistor for example

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back