Racists

Sponsored Links
From what I have read is that Rory got this totally wrong.

Yet these racist Irisnmen got it even wronger. Racist!

Diane Abbot again shows again how thick racist and stupid she is... With idiots like her we will never live together peaceful.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...are-squead-anger-minor-gangsters-rory-stewart

Compared to Eton, I expect many people appear to be gangsters to Rory.

I think Rory is sincere and I admire his courage at trying to engage with people.

Diane Abbott -I dont believe she is really very competent, we know why she has holds a key position in the cabinet.
I used to be very critical of her, however Ive heard other MPs describe the appalling level of abuse and vitriol Abbott gets and Its rather softened my stance. I still wince when hearing her speak, her slow delivery sounds so smug.

They called Stewart 'a weird white man' so I'd say it is a draw.

Not really. He said nothing about their black or Irishnesh. Maybe they were just being tits, that's not solely a black man's trait white people can equally be as gooda tits.

Sponsored Links
Well, I thought I had accepted your view by saying 'fair enough'.

However, the three men thought that Stewart referred to them as 'gangsters' solely because they were people of blackness and that they considered this to be racist. They must presumably be thinking that there are no white gangsters to justify this.
Had he said the same about Al Capone then I suppose that would not be the case.

In today's enlightened thinking, isn't whether it is racist or not, merely down to their 'perception' of his intent? Such is the illogical thinking and lack of common sense of the powers that be that there really is no way out. Abbot is not going to say what Stewart said was alright either way.

I'm not saying it is right, just that that is the situation.

Well, I thought I had accepted your view by saying 'fair enough'.

However, the three men thought that Stewart referred to them as 'gangsters' solely because they were people of blackness and that they considered this to be racist. They must presumably be thinking that there are no white gangsters to justify this.

In today's enlightened thinking, isn't whether it is racist or not, merely down to their 'perception' of his intent? Such is the illogical thinking and lack of common sense of the powers that be that there really is no way out. Abbot is not going to say what Stewart said was alright either way.

I'm not saying it is right, just that that is the situation.

Fair enough

Funnily enough, the musicians themselves (according to the article) made the following comment...

“It’s just another example of another weirdo white man trying to take advantage of black boys when it’s convenient, then ridiculing them,”

Is it not also racist relating a 'white man' to 'weirdo'?

What if we replaced the words 'white man' with 'honky'?

So is it the words or the context that is racist?

Is it not also racist relating a 'white man' to 'weirdo'?
Logically, yes, but is not considered so.

What if we replaced the words 'white man' with 'honky'?
I personally would not care if someone called me honky but I have no history of racism against me whereas the people in the video, no doubt, do.

So is it the words or the context that is racist?
That is usually my criticism of such things when words are demonised rather than the people saying them.

Perhaps Stewart meant 'gangsta rappers' which, without extensive knowledge of the subject, the people in the video could be said to look like by their peculiar hand gestures..

There's nothing more embarrassing than seeing an out of touch posh tory trying to pretend he knows the streets. He really should stick to an office job and leave the London mayor job to a Londoner.

Last edited:
Is it not also racist relating a 'white man' to 'weirdo'

Rory Stewart does have a bit of a strange look, If they had referred to him as eccentric that couldve been interpreted in a more positive way......

Rory Stewart does have a bit of a strange look, If they had referred to him as eccentric that couldve been interpreted in a more positive way......

Rory and the guys he met both suffered from a lack of vocabulary.

However I am more intrigued in how he assessed them as minor and not major gangsters.

Sponsored Links
Back