Radiator air vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I hope you can help.
While I was getting air out of a radiator I lost the little screw that you are supposed to turn to get the air out. Does anyone know where I can get another and what size it is.
I did buy 1/8 inch & 1/4 inch air vent although I didn't need the whole thing,just to use the screw but they are too small! It is an old radiator, does anyone know the size.
At the moment I have no hot water presumably because the boiler shows pressure of zero?

Thanks in advance

Vince

Sponsored Links
The type of air vent you have in the rad is important. Is it like the one pictured or is it an integral part of the rad? View media item 35720If like the picture then they are readily available, and fitted as a complete unit.
That is 1/2 inch BSP

No that part doesn't look familar. It's at the top of the radiator where you would get air out of the radiator not where you would bleed the radiator. All there is (or was) a small screw which you would turn with an allen key.
Sorry if I sound ignorant but I know nothing about these things!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back