Radiator Bubbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a conventional open system.

Recently one of my radiators has been making a bubbling noise. This only seems to occur just after the boiler has shut off. What happens in the boiler shuts off (presumably because of its own stat) and the pump continues to run (presumably normal) and this is when the bubbling starts. It gradually goes away over a couple of minutes. It doesn't occur when the room stat cuts out the heating completely. I guess this rad is the first one after the pump hence why it's affected. I have tried lowering the pump speed it had no effect.

Could anyone tell me what this is indicative of?

I am thinking either air leak or lack of inhibitor but I'm not sure why its specific to just after the boiler switches off. I'm probably going to drain down, X400 and then X100 the system but don't want to waste the 100 if there is still a problem. There were some deposits in the expansion tank but I think it's old because it does not appear to be pumping over, I've cleaned the tank now.

Thanks for any help it is much appreciated,

Neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back