Radiator wont heat up & pipe going into also no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some help please. I have one radiator that just wont heat up. The rest of the radiators are working great. I have tried turning off all other radiators in the house but still no heat, not even to the pipe.
I have turned of both ends of the radiator opened the bleed valve and let it run dry, then opened one end (the outlet end) and opened the bleed valve,
let it run out, closed the outlet end off and opened the other end (inlet) opened the bleed valve and got a constant stream of water coming out.

So I know that the radiator is getting water in, but just wont heat up, the pipe going into the radiator does not heat up either.

The radiator doesn't have TRV.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What type of system do you have? Can you trace the flow pipework back to see where it is hot?

Sounds like a blockage,the only thing I can suggest that you haven't tried yet is to remove the rad and open each valve into a bucket. If the pipe going into the rad is cold there maybe a blockage on the flow pipe. Also check the pressure on the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blockage,the only thing I can suggest that you haven't tried yet is to remove the rad and open each valve into a bucket. If the pipe going into the rad is cold there maybe a blockage on the flow pipe. Also check the pressure on the boiler.

Thanks, i'll try taking the pipes off tomorrow. The pressure in the boiler has been sitting just above 1.5, it does go up slightly when heating is on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back