Ravenheat RSF 84e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ravenheat R84E. I noticed a strange sound and found that water had got inside and shorted some wiring to the bottom of the heater (Best description 3 wire connected to junction boxes) which I replaced.

The main problem I have is where the water came from and that the boiler now only works on heating the rads. As soon as I turn the water on it stops firing or fires very randomly.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks

Not a plumber but will have a go at fixing.!! :confused: ;)

Sponsored Links
Not a plumber but will have a go at fixing.!! :confused: ;)

Thats the problem!

If you cannot see where it came from then its probably from the combustion chamber.

That needs a competent CORGI to open and inspect.

Tony

Yeah I understand that. I just read a piece on water in the flu and check outside to find a leak in my guttering right above the flu. I will check thias and hope that will be it?

I have located where the leak is coming from

Any help? I know I will need to get a plumber in for this but at least I will be able to tell him the correct information.

getattachmentso8.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
God love the photo, especially the nifty terminal block just underneath where you think its leaking......

I have replaced that part on my boiler before, its the diverter valve, depends how many tools you have at your disposal , but i did it, and i aint a plumber either, but then again i have rebuilt the odd engine or two, so pretty handy with the spanners.

if you have the raven heat manual it tells you how to replace that valve, and drain the system etc.
I would take it off, get a little wire brush, clean it up, try not to get any metal down the hole though, perhaps use a green kitchen pad, wrap a load of ptfe round it do it back up and see what happens. and replace the washer at the same time. If you go to toolstation or screwfix they sell big mixed packs of fibre washers.

Depends how brave you are....

but if i were you i wait to see what a proper plumber says....

lol about the terminal block. That already had gone.

But thanks for the advice. I think a plumber is needed as my technical skills in the real world are not as good in the virtual.....!! Mee thinks I should have listened to my dad a bit more!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back