Ray Donovan TV Show - Sky Atlantic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're into the seventh series of this gripping tv show and I love it. Episode 3 last night, however, contained an unbelievable error.

Donovan (Liev Schreiber) was in the psychiatrists chair talking to his shrink (the excellent Alan Alda, Hawkeye in the MASH series in the 70's) and talking about 'these books I liked to read as a kid about a veterinarian in London.'
Alda replied 'oh you mean All Creatures Great and Small, All Things Bright and Beautiful and All Things Wise and Wonderful.'
'Yes those are the ones' replied Donovan.

London?! James Wight OBE aka the author James Herriot was born in Sunderland, brought up in Glasgow, qualified as a vet in Glasgow then spent the rest of his life in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
Don't the Americans know that there is more to the UK than 'London'?

Sponsored Links
OH i do really enjoy Ray Donovan. Anyway i'm sure he knew many people in London/Windsor etc? Almost makes him a Londoner :D

I wish we here in London/England had absolutely nothing to do with Scotland the moaning bunch o w's. Esp that fat git.

Don't the Americans know that there is more to the UK than 'London'?
I once had a couple of American tourists ask me at my place of work in Edinburgh how to get to England, if it was by boat or plane. Did tell them to buy a map of the UK, after suggesting a boat is easier...

Sponsored Links
3 of us sitting at a table In Los Vegas. The girl dealing the Cards stopped and asked us what language we were speaking.

Back