RCBO

But if eventually you do get an earth fault, you will be glad you did, and possibly by the system help pinpoint the problem, may save paying an electrician for hours faultfinding

Sponsored Links
But if eventually you do get an earth fault, you will be glad you did, and possibly by the system help pinpoint the problem, may save paying an electrician for hours faultfinding
True. However, one small downside of RCBOs, as far as fault-finding is concerned, is that no standard ones give any indication of whether over-current or residual current (i.e. the 'MCB' and 'RCD' functionalities respectively) has caused a trip. Hence, whilst is is very helpful to know for sure what circuit is causing the problem, a bit of investigation may be required to determine the nature of the fault.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
John, don't go throwing a spanner in the works now i bought it ;)
It's not really a spanner, merely a reminder of the fact that few things have all 'upsides' and no 'downsides' at all. However, in this case I think most people would agree that, on balance, having all RCBOs is more desirable, other than in terms of cost.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back