Re-Routing Bathroom Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I was looking for some advice regarding bathroom waste pipes, I am ripping out an old bathroom and replacing it shortly, Its a small bathroom however to accomodate the new bath suite the toilet and sink will swap positions (the bath will be L shape so the toilet would foul on it if not moved). The soil stack sits internally in the bathroom corner, boxed in, currently the 4 inch waste from the toilet is above the floor and goes directly into the stack via a 700mm run of pipe, the sink waste goes under the floor and the bath I presume goes directly into the stack as its right next to it.

My plan was to re-route the 4 inch toilet waste into the floor, because the toilet and sink will be installed in a vanity unit, this will avoid the pipe being on show at the end of the vanity and prevent butchering of the vanity unit. The run of 4 inch pipe would be around 1.5 meters and in between the joists I have around 180mm gap so enough fall for it to work.

In my head this all works the only grey area I can think of is when it comes to connecting the new 4 inch pipe to the stack, it will be lower and a solvent weld fitting or one of the other waste pipes might prevent me drilling a hole and connecting it using a boss?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Here's a top down view of the planned new bathroom, currently the bath and sink are in opposite positions.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back