Reconfigure/new soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking for some advise on possible options for soil stack position/layout to move a toilet. Here are the details:

• I live in the middle flat of a converted victorian semi where the soil stack runs internally down the adjoining wall of the two houses and in the centre from back to front.
    The toilets upstairs and downstairs are also connected to this stack.
    I would like to move my toilet so that it sits on the back wall of the property
    There is no soil stack on the back at the moment, although there is an inspection chamber in to which runs bath and sink waste from my flat and upstairs, plus rainwater from the roof (I'm assuming it's single foul drain they run into)

I'd like to know what my options are for putting in a new soil stack, and possibly tidying up all of the pipework at the back at the same time, so any views would be appreciated.

Some pictures of the current layout:
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I can see your thinking in terms of one soil stack at the back to service all the outlets. The main issue is that you cannot run a rain water downpipe into a soil stack as the smells would obviously vent up the downpipe and into the eaves.

Is there any way you can access the current soil stack internally with your new wc?

Pete

Have you thought about fitting a Saniflo matey??
Just use cheap Toilet Paper & don't put Jam Rags, Nappies or Dental Floss down the bog & you'll be A1 for years!!............ ;)

Sponsored Links
I wasn't thinking of putting the rainwater into the stack - I know that one's a no-no. I was really trying to find out what layout options there may be. One of those is obviously to put in a saniflow, but since the bedroom is next to the bathroom I'd rather avoid that one if I can...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back