refixing plasterboard to brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i noticed one of the joints between two small sections (about 450mm wide) of plasterboard has recently started to crack.

Ive made a start on removing the old plaster and scrim tape back to the existing board ready for a new bit of scrim tape and a skim over with some easi fill.

ive noticed that there is a slight bit of moment the top bit of plaster board and the joint between the two boards is not flush which probably caused the crack.

anyhow i need to re fix the upper bit of board to what ever it is fitted to....im assuming its the brick work because the board is fitted to the rear wall of the house with the external brick on the other side.

ive not managed to locate any existing plasterboard screws so im wondering whats the best way that i can fix the board back in place before i tape and skim it?

any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Your plasterboard will have been dot an dabbed on to the wall hence no visible screws, your best bet would be to drill through the plasterboard and fix a couple of screws into the brickwork

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back