Remove the Lever from a single lever mixer tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anyone advise me please? I have a - Reginox Zambesi Single Lever Mixer Tap.
This is leaking slightly, above the sink top.
Underneath the Lever is a small plastic plug which I removed expecting to find a locking screw of some sort, however I could see nothing inside except a hole in the "barrel" of the tap which I thought would have taken such a screw.

Can anyone advise me how to remove this lever so that I can look at the washers please?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
keego, thank you for that, I have just looked and it seems that there may well have been an allen screw or something because I think that I can see a thread, but nothing more!
I have browsed the web to see if I can find the construction of this tap so that I know what I am looking for, but no luck...thanks.

If the allen screw has been removed, try pouring boiling water over it and tap it from underneath with a plastic screwdriver handle.

Sponsored Links
you will see part of the thread some of them screw in quite a way try an allen key (the right size of course)

Thank you all, I will try suggestion on Tuesday - not at home for a couple of days, and my wife won't touch it?
thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back