Removing floor tile adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie to the forum - hope you can help.

I have taken up ceramic floor tiles in my conservatory and am having difficulty taking up the adhesive. I have done searches on this site and also on the web and wanted to check whether there is such a thing as an adhesive removal. I know that 'Liquid Nails' do a remover but not sure if this would move tile adhesive?

Thanks very much.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
How about this:
p1114233_l.jpg

and this:

p1113591_l.jpg

stevep05 said:
How long did it take you to search screwfix and attach these as pics - why bother?!
Are you for real? It probably took me about as long as it did you to make your posting.

As for why - these are the tools that I use to remove old adhesive. Do you have any help to offer, or just pointless questions?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
stevep05 said:
How long did it take you to search screwfix and attach these as pics - why bother?!
Are you for real? It probably took me about as long as it did you to make your posting.

As for why - these are the tools that I use to remove old adhesive. Do you have any help to offer, or just pointless questions?

I thought your post was a sarcastic dig. Obviously I was planning on chipping off the adhesive but wanted to check whether there were any quicker methods - ie using some form of chemical remover.

No offense meant.

stevep05 said:
I thought your post was a sarcastic dig. Obviously I was planning on chipping off the adhesive but wanted to check whether there were any quicker methods - ie using some form of chemical remover.

No offense meant.
Somewhat stupidly, I hadn't realised that you were the original poster.

If I had realised then you would've received a rather more robust response, but since you meant no offence I won't take any.

However, you'd be well advised to make fewer assumptions if you want to avoid appearing to be insulting.

stevep05
your local tilers merchant or builders have a real good back saving tool , its a floor chisel that fits on a broom handle ....

looking at it in the merchants its a bolster chisel ..lol ... but its a cracking tool for getting thinset off the floor /walls

Seriously though, I'm currently facing this situation, with multiple layers and different adhesives. Too much for this tired old Yank. I'm going to check the rental places for an impact hammer, or powered chisel.
If that don't work. C4

DinoG

p2688301_x.jpg

Try one of these, get good leverage on them.
Failing that chisel as much off as you can then screed the floor up a few mm.

scooby doo :) mentioned one

but thats a cr*p one lol ...

you can get a similar blade too a bolster chisel on one called "the mutt "@
wickes ,I think builder merchants do a wider head on theirs lol ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back