Removing paint from wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Velux window, in our new house, with a nice woodern window frame. However, the previous owners have painted over the woodern part (the bit next to the glass) with some horrid white paint to match the rest of the room. Is there anything I can do to remove this paint from the woodern window surround? Perhaps even recover the painted surface with some sort of wood effect something? Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Sponsored Links
I would normally say use a heat gun to strip the paint but due to the presence of the glass you would be better using one of the 'paint on / scrape off' products like Nitromors. It's strong stuff so follow the safety rules on the tin regarding gloves, mask etc.

Thought I mention it,you can take the Velux window out of the frame and put it on the trestle for you to work on instead working on the angle of the roof.If you open the window all the way back there should be a push pin on both side to unlock them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back