Render mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,another newbie here!!
For my top coat of render do I use 5xplastering sand/1x cement/1x hydrated lime/1xrender additive(all in one plasticiser,waterproofer,retarder)/1xSBR?Do I need the additive or is a separate plasticiser/waterproofer better? :confused:
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Stressed said:
Hi,another newbie here!!
For my top coat of render do I use 5xplastering sand/1x cement/1x hydrated lime/1xrender additive(all in one plasticiser,waterproofer,retarder)/1xSBR?Do I need the additive or is a separate plasticiser/waterproofer better? :confused:
Thanks in advance for any help.
I have now been told 8 sand/2 cement/1 lime + additive.Can anyone tell me which is right please?

Sponsored Links
If the finnish doesnt need to be very smooth, I would add some sharp sand in there to stengthen the mix perhaps 1sharp/4soft/1opc plus a little plasticiser. They usually have an element of frost proofer in them.

Ok,thanks for that.I have been told so many different mixes it`s difficult to know which 1.

When all is said and done, the mix is a matter of preference. You will get pretty much the same result with most of the ones you have been told. The only important thing is to stick rigidly to whichever one you choose otherwise it could all end in tears and a rather patchy job. Hope it all goes well. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back