Render to Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have today just had my part of my house rendered, can you advise how long I have to leave it for until I paint it.
I have about 10 sq meters of smooth new render and 10 sq meters of pebble dash to paint. I have no idea what is the best paint to use, can you recommend one

Also what's the best applicator to use to get a nice smooth finish, brush or roller?

happy days

Sponsored Links
You wont get a nice smooth fish on smooth render, it will allways be roughish to the touch.

Use a roller.

10 inch Rodo lifetimer for both.

I find Crwon stronghold good, sandtex and Johnstones stormsheild.

I personally dont like Dulux weathershirld as I find it a bit thin

Thin the first coat by about 25%..expect to give it three coats.

hi Zampa,

thanks for the advice, i will give one of those you mentioned a try, do you have any idea how long to leave it before i paint.

thanks very much

LJS70

Sponsored Links
I know this is going to look flippant..it isnt intended, but when its dry..

The render wil turn pale gret when it dry but given the weather we are having you could always find a area out of the way and drill a small hole into it and see what the dust looks like, if it sticks to the drill bit and is a darker colour than the surface its still wet.

Plug the hole with caulk before you paint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back