ReoLink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just had an opotunist rip a Panasonic WV-SW 175e off its mounting I couple of days ago.

I am very reluctant to fork out another £400 +SD card so am looking at the Reolink range

Someone I know also has the Panasonic 175e and said the image quality of the RLC-411s he bought is is markedly better. Having aaid that 4mpixel is more than the 175 has.

Like most people I hanker after 4K image quality but as knowledgable bloke in Australia states, 4K or 8mpixel is disproporionaly expensive when compared to the 4mpixel stuff on the market.

I just wondered if any one on here has used the out door Poe Reolink stuff.

Tim

Ps (I hope the 175 camera body has suffered structural failure and will allow water ingress to destroy the camera which I probably on the black market in Lancashire)

Sponsored Links
I guess it depends on your budget, but a 8MP HIK camera isn't that expensive.

As for image quality, it isn't abut a higher resolution camera to get a higher resolution image, its about how the resolution is spread out, ie the fov. 2.8mm being a wide view 4mm less wide and so on. The narrower the view for a given camera the effective resolution increases.

Sometimes its cheaper to have multipul lower resolution cameras with a narrow view over higher resolution camera and a wider view.

That's something you have to work out as whats best for the job that needs to be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back