Replace AEG induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My AEG induction hob stopped working. After looking at the cost of a new one compared to probable repair costs I've decided just to replace with new. (100 quid back on AEG hobs at the moment)
I've ordered one of the same size and rating so a swap should be simple.

But...Just looking at the installation instructions and I'll be installing over drawers. The previous installation had no "floor" beneath the hob and I see the AEG instructions state this is not necessary if an optional "protection box" is fitted. Trouble is I can't find one to buy! Question is, is it commonplace to fit above drawers directly and do I need this "box"? Model is HK654200FB. (The user instructions for my previous hob had the same directions but it's just been fitted directly above a drawer - there is the recommended 5mm ventilation above the drawer edge however)

Second question was: the old one seemed to be just fitted on a sticky rubber gasket to seal to granite, are new ones delivered with this or is it just a bead of silicone if not?

All help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I wondered that.
Anyone know if they are generally just installed above the drawer or should I make a wooden partition between hob and drawer??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back