Replace Aquastream with unpowered mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening
I have removed a worn-out Aqualisa Aquastream from my downstairs shower. The pipes are rear-entry 65mm between centres into a chased-out wall. The pump was unnecessary (and not used) given the drop from my hot and cold tanks (and was too noisy anyway).

Of course modern thermostatic mixers are around 130mm pitch.

Can anyone recommend a neat way to adapt the pipework to accommodate a modern-day. unpowered, mixer without having to delve behind the tiles please? I.e. I am content with some tidy, exposed pipework (chrome?) which probably means a side-entry mixer.

Grateful for your thoughts.

Attachments

• 2020-09-29 15.44.36.jpg
    2020-09-29 15.44.36.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 177
Sponsored Links
is that a hollow, partition wall?

Do you have a multicutter or Dremel?

Breeze block internal wall (extension). Yes I have tools but no longer want the hassle of lifting tiles, chasing walls and retiling.

I think it must be possible to run exposed chrome pipework into a thermostatic mixer. I've almost answered my own question since the time that I published it!

Yes, you can, and that makes future maintenance or repair much easier.

I'd suggest a pair of full-bore valves up near the ceiling for ease of maintenance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back