Replacing 2 port Hot Water Motorized Valve - Help...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In the airing cupboard I have 2 Motorized valves, both 2 port, one for CH and one for HW. The HW one has a slight leak (occasional drip) coming from it when HW is on. Last night this tripped out the fuseboard - hence me discovering the problem!.

The valve is British Gas MV22Z. To replace this do I just isolate and drain the Hot Water then replace? Does the whole valve need replacing? I can't find this valve available anywhere online - is it obsolete? If so is there an easy replacement? Is this within the scope of a competent DIYer like myself or a definite no-no?

Any help appreciated - I have looked at previous posts but most are about the CH valve - and not an MV22Z in sight :eek:

Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
Cat, this is a direct swap for the valve inc.dimensions and wiring:
ACL Drayton ZA5/679 2 Zone

If you Google mv22z valve you will see.

Should think you will need to isolate or drain the system. Check if yours is 22 mm or 3/4 inch fitting and buy same.
Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back