Replacing damaged bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've removed the render on my house wall as it was frost damaged. I found some of the red bricks underneath were quite badly damaged also, up to half the brick crumbled away. The construction of my wall is a solid wall scottish bond with 9 inch bricks. I cant find a size match anywhere ( i need them by fri) so was thinking using a standard 65mm x 215mm brick with extra mortar to make up the difference. Can anyone advise me if this is okay or not?

Sponsored Links
Using 65mm bricks and packing up with a thicker bed to make up the difference will look awful (imho). You can get 'metric' 72/73mm bricks or even reclaimed 3" to match in better.

Any pics? Somebody will probably be able to tell you what they are and where to source (if not give you a very close match).

If your rendering back over it doesnt matter if the bricks smaller, just means bigger bed etc.
If not then reclamation yards for right size and colour.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back