Response SE - high flow temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ideal Response SE was just repaired and got a new Gas Control Module (PCB) and heat sensing electrodes after it would frequently shut off. The problem was in fact simply caused by a faulty gas meter and pressure reducer (i.e. not a boiler problem), but the Control Module had already been replaced.

With the old module, flow temperature was between 69-81C. With the new module, it is between 79-92C. I can hear the boiler modulate to minimum flame, then slowly reach 92C at which points the flame switches off and starts again at about 79C.

Is this not an excessively high flow temperature? The radiators are burning hot. Is there a way to reduce the flow temp to previous levels?

Sponsored Links
It is too hot.

When you quote a range of temperatures is the the extremes of the control knob settings?

The first guess would be the temperature sensor is out of calibration.

Tony

The Ideal Response SE does not have a temperature control knob. The lower temperature of the indicated range in is the temperature at which the burner starts, and the upper one where the burner stops.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back