RF Roomstat Choice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plan to buy a wireless room stat, and am considering one of the 3 below.

Towerstat RF
Siemens REV23rf
Honewell CM927

I have spent some time with the "search" tool on this very useful site and have downloaded the manuals, but I cant find the answer to a particlular question.

The Towerstat RF manual clearly states it has an adjustable temp. span,
from 1 to 4deg. i.e. if set to 1deg with stat to 20deg, the boiler will switch on at 19.5 and stop when the temp reaches 20.5.

Does the Siemens and Honeywell work the same way?? and to a similar accuracy??

Sponsored Links
I have a Honeywell CM67 (the predecessor to the CM927) and I have put a CM927 in my Dad's house. Both are very good thermostats, very controllable and configurable. Both have proportional bandwidth adjustment, which is what you speak of, plus many more options. Download and read the installer manual for the CM927 which will give details on what you can make adjustment to (like cycle rate, on time, etc).

I cannot comment on any of the other makes as personally I wouldn't consider using anything but honeywell as they seem to be very good products.

Sponsored Links
I've fitted loads of the Siemens REV23 (rf) and only had a problem with one of them.

Customers can be somewhat put off them because although they are very simple to use, they can appear at first to be confusing.

Honeywell is a more basic unit, but most would probably say it is more user friendly.

Siemens have now got a new all singing and dancing model out. I am awaiting my rep to bring me one to have a look at it.

Honeywell CMT 927. It is a generation ahead of the other makes you have referred to, apart from the Towerstat which belongs to another era altogether.

Thanks for replies, got the CM927, all fitted and working nicely, although it would not work until it was re-binded? it states in instuctions that it's done at the factory.

What the hell, it's working now and it's easy to use.

Might want to turn the optimisation off unless you want your heating to come on four hours early ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back