Ridge repair ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how i repair this i found today while doing the gutters.

Looks like i need to fit in a new cut tile, but that means taking off the ridge tile and cementing etc.

Do you know if i used a load of cement that would do the trick or is that a waste of time.

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 225
Sponsored Links
The hip ridge should come down further than it is just now, it looks like whoever done it just used cement which would only be a temporary fix.

You need to get a new ridge and bed it on, I would recommend taking the bottom one off and putting the full ridge further down and using the new one as a cut so that the ridge is supported better.

You could use cement but it would eventually leak as it would draw the water in.

to do a proper job then the flat tiles and the hip tiles in that area need to be removed.

because theres rot and water damage to the woodwork - laths and fascia an any wood soffit.
also remove the corner gutter sections, the is probly leakin.
you can probly get outside corner fittings in that gutter profile - google mfr's.

youl need to work from a tower.

Sponsored Links
Looks like continuous aluminium gutter to me. You won't get that off the shelf.
Needs hip off, check the rot, hip iron fitted then rebed hip with a cut above to take up the gap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back