Rising sun - Sinking whales

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
True colours - over again?
Humpback whales ... are to be slaughtered for the first time in more than 30 years, in defiance of an international ban...
Tokyo has made it clear that it will press ahead with the slaughter - and the killing of increased numbers of other whale species - whatever the reaction...
...Yesterday Joji Moshita, the head of the Japanese delegation at the meeting, said that some stocks of humpbacks are increasing by 12 to 13 per cent a year. He added: "We know that the humpback has some sort of special status, even among whales, but we put priority on science rather than politics or emotions."...
I guess Oppenheimer and his merry men sure focussed their minds on science... But evidently not its incompassionate use.

:( :(

Sponsored Links
I haven't looked closely at the subject to make comment about who is right or not (I really don't have a ******* clue), but this quote kinds springs to mind (would be kinda apt if japan are justified and stuff)

“For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.”
- Richard P. Feynman

Yeah lets boycott all their cars, bikes computers etc. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Let's send our fleet subs to bombard them ... with 'take aways' from Bradford...
Fake whales is what we want, radio controlled, ballasted with our garbage (trafalgar class maybe), that'll sort their business plans, chasing hordes of r/c whales which dive deep, then wait and wait and wait ... Add cost to the whaler's endeavours .. They'll give up eventually.
:D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back