Roof Valley Leaking. Felt under valley in loft very wet and wet joists in loft after rain. Possible issues?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year, I discovered that the felt in my loft under a valley was very wet after a lot of rain. I was thinking that the rain was getting through the morter, so I got the valley repointed. However, the issue remains. My roofer has checked for any cracked tiles near the valley - none and he says that the lead in the valley is in good condition. I'm stumped. If rain is not getting through the morter, there's no cracked tiles and the lead is in good condition - what else could it be?

Sponsored Links
It may be a hairline crack on a tile or ridge that is hard to spot or could be running down the underfelt so may be entering nowhere near the point of visible ingress. May be worth having a look in there during heavy rain to see if you can spot anything.

Thanks, DAZB. I had a new dry ridge installed last year. The wet patches on the felt start half-way down the valley.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back