Room Thermostat for Danfoss TS715

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just wondered if it's possible to connect a room thermostat to a Danfoss TS715? Had a look at the manual, and there's no obvious connections for one, but thought i'd ask.

Sponsored Links
yes, it's possible but need to know what boiler/system you have to be able to tell you how.

Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch 280. Please note that I have no experience with CH systems or plumbing, I am competent in Electrics and Electronics.

Also, is it possible to use an RF Thermostat, as the Danfoss Timer is on the first floor, and I would like to the thermostat on the ground floor, and running cables isn't really an option.

Any help is much appreciated. :)

Perfectly ok to fit an RF stat . ignoring the earth your clock has L N and two other wires you break the loop of those two wires by passing it through the room stat receiver and have L N to receiver to

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks! Any suggestions for a cheap but decent rf stat?

Ok, so i went out and bought a horstmann Hrfs1, got it wired in as suggested above. I get the red live feed light on the receiver as i should and the green light comes on when the remote calls for it, however the danfoss seems to ignore the call. Have i got something wrong? Does the danfoss have to be set to on, off, auto or allday? Do i have the switched lives the wwring way round? Does it matter?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Is the unit you've bought a programmable 'stat?
if it is I would suggest removing the existing timer and fitting the receiver in its place.
can you say what wires you have got connected to what?

Why ask how to fit a stat to a clock then go out and buy something completely different. .
It comes with all installation instructions so it should not be hard to work out from them and previous advice

I didn't go out and buy something completely different, i bought what i said i would, an rf stat. Yes its programmable, but it doesn't do off and on, only set temperatures at set times. You still need a timer to say whether you have the heating on at certain times. There's no need to be rude. Thanks for all help provided everyone, i figured it out in the end by switching where the stat went in the loop, and all works well now.

Thats us pro`s all educated then who have only been fitting programmable stats instead of programmable roomstats and seperate clocks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back