Salus RT500BC thermostat installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help?

I'm trying to install an RF thermostat in my Ariston combi boiler (Micro Combi 23/27 MFFI) because we currently have no thermostat only the timer which costs us a fortune and we are always at an uncomfortable temperature

I've disconnected the old clock timer and connected the pins in exactly the same order to the Salus boiler control with the exception that Switched Live is now connected to 4 NO instead of 5 NC.

I have not disconnected the Link cable or the integral timer clock from the PCB

My problem is that I can't get any LED light on the boiler control unit. It doesn't flash when I press the sync button. The boiler is firing every few mins for a few moments at a time but the LED light never comes on on the control unit

The switch on the boiler control is set to Auto (I have also tried it on Manual with the same results)

I have followed the instructions to try to pair the controller and the themostat - the boiler control unit light doesn't flash when I press the sync button. When I hold down Select on the themostat it displays 10SY

I have then followed the instructions to test the RF connection - the boiler call indicator flashes on the thermostat display when I chnage the set point to a temperature above the current room temperature but the units remain un-synced and the boiler continues to fire intermittently by itself

I have also removed one of the jumpers for the RF signal, reset the thermostat unit and repeated the steps above but there is no change in behaviour

I have reconnected the old timer to check that it works both with the Switched Live connected to NC and to NO (the operation of the timer is reversed)

Am I missing something or is the unit perhaps faulty?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back