Saniflo - connection of 22mm to existing soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, for starters, I'd rather not have to fit one, but the move of a downstairs WC to an understairs cupboard cloakroom will require a Saniflo because of lack of gradient for the WC soil pipe.
However it's a Victorian house, and my soil stack is encased in a big cement casting on the side of the house (actual stack is probably cast iron or ceramic underneath I presume), and getting a fresh tee into it without messy disruption would be v. difficult.
However the existing WC location that I'm getting rid of is right next to the stack. So my question is, is there a way I can use this existing WC soil connection (that would be capped otherwise) and step down from 110mm to 22mm, maybe using a curious combo like:
110 soil->68 gutter downpipe->something else?!->22mm ????

There doesn't seem to be a product off the shelf to do this, they assume that you can get access to the stack and put a strap-on boss or similar. If only I could...

Cheers, Tom

Sponsored Links
you can get adaptors for your 110 pipe to take you down to 32 / 40mm waste pipe instead of capping off.

Cool - I've just found one in Screwfix. So my next question is, is it possible to make a 'clean' cut in what appears to be a cast iron 110?

Sponsored Links
OK - I didn't think glooping silicone would be the best approach but I guess it's never under any proper pressure...

OK, for starters, I'd rather not have to fit one, but the move of a downstairs WC to an understairs cupboard cloakroom will require a Saniflo because of lack of gradient for the WC soil pipe.
However the existing WC location that I'm getting rid of is right next to the stack.
Cheers, Tom

Think long and hard whether you really want to go the saniflo route. When you have decided on a saniflo, again think long and hard about whether you really want one. You know you don't really. :cry: That flush toilet has probably flushed without a blink for 40 years. Can you say the same about a saniflo?

Pipes siliconed into cast iron ALWAYS seem to leak.
Cast iron is fairly soft, and drills easily with HSS hole saws.
There is a fitting which is designed for condensate, it takes 22mm overflow and goes into the bigger pipe via an oblong hole. I'll look for a pic but I'm not optimistic...

a 110mm -50mm reducer siliconed into a blowlamp dry cast branch that are always les than 85 degrees should be ok. Depending on the pipework design u may need to up the pipe to 35mm with fall for part of the run then bush it down to the 50mm reducer. ( will always recomend solvent fittings with lots of tees & cleaning eyes.

The 22mm doobrie I mean MIGHT be a Hepworth AO 22BL
Comes with rubber washers to accommodate flat or curved pipes and 22mm end is solvent.

Sort of like thiss - the collar screws against the soil pipe
condadaptor.gif

COuld have done that better - but I expecct you get the idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back