sanivite keeps trying to pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have been to look at a faulty sanivite in a cellar, it is trying to pump all the time, it has a sink and washing machine plumbed into it, also a condensate from a boiler, I disconnected the discharge pipe and this did not seem blocked as I took it apart not a lot of water came out,does this suggests its not blocked? also put it back together and switched it on, and ran some water from the sink and it started to pump cut off then starts again repeating this cycle and does not stop, it would do this untill switched off at switch again, I am going to check the horizontal run to check fall and make sure its not blocked at soil connection, but as i said earlier if it was blocked surely vertical pipe would hold water? any help/advise appreciated thanx,,

Sponsored Links
You must really be short of work if you take on jobs like this!

However, with no toilet connected it will be a pleasure to work on it. But you will be making two trips at least and I doubt you will be able to charge appropriately unless its close to home.

Unfortunately you have not given me enough information to make a diagnosis.

Can you post a diagram with dimensions of the discharge arrangements and possibly fuller description of what its doing?

I am interested in the vertical distance involved as I am suspecting a leaking NRV.

Tony

thanx for the reply, I will know the layout better tomorrow, as it is a student house and could not get proper access the lastime i went, yes i normally would give these a wide berth but i get an awfull lot of snagging jobs from the owners so its a case of take the rough with the smooth thanx again

Sponsored Links
When you go, temporarily connect the output to pump into a bucket and see how it reacts.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back