Scrap Metal Theft Petition

Maybe you should read all your previous posts.....

Theft, be it scrap or otherwise is here to stay ..

Sponsored Links
And so are attempts to detect crime and prosecute criminals.

no, and nobody has said it causes tax to be paid or prevents metal being stolen.

However it does make it very much easier to investigate and track down criminals.

That's why criminals prefer the false name, cash-in-used-notes option.
At my local yards I have not ever been asked to give my name (far less prove my ID), so there's no need for a false one!

Anything that makes it a bit more difficult for them has to be better than doing nothing.

Sponsored Links
I think it will eventually become cashless, but the reason behind it will be to recover tax as johnD has suggested.
I can't even see how in many cases it will even stop thefts. Just because the money will be paid into an account (which would probably be either set up as a business account or else the ****** will slip someone a few notes to use their acconut for a hour or two) it doesn't mean the scrap is either legit or not.
Imagine a roofing company who have legitamate accesss to scrap taking in stolen lead. How is it provable that the lead is stolen and besides the "evidence" ends up melted down or exported in a very short time anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back