Seeking Tara Ceiling Fan by Southern Fan Co

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes also labeled as 'American Lantern'

This was a fan made in Tyler TX in the 1980s I am seeking in any condition. It's most easily recognised by the fact that the fan has a variable speed control and no pullchain.

A few other descriptive factors:
-GE Motor with flywheel
-Motor housing shaped like standard 80s Casablanca fan (Zephyr)
-Smaller switch housing with ornate switch cap
-Wooden speed control knob

It was offered in a variety of different finishes, and you could mix an match the sideband with the rest of the motor. The one I saw was brown with a brass sideband.

Pictures of some Tara fans similar to that which I am seeking are here:

here

Also, this site contains my photo homage to the lumberyard the Tara hung in (you can see the fan the replaced it with) and at the bottom of the page is my original sketch of the fan.

I am willing to go to great lengths to find this fan, as it has sentimental value.

Thank you very much
Dan

Sponsored Links
This being a UK based forum, it is most unlikely we can recomend a supplier, may i however suggest you try ebay

(mind you it does look like the ones a certain burger chainm have)

Yes, they seem to have been primarily sold in Texas, Florida, and Louisana in the US . . . but then again I saw one in WI, and I've heard about a few turning up in Alaska, so you never know where some might be found. I figure it doesnt hurt to post anywhere vaguely appropriate to ceiling fans, the more people see it the better chance I have of coming across some. Thanks for lookin out.

Dan

Sponsored Links
Back