Service and repair all in one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My car a C max 2l diesel needs all brake pads and disc's replacing and it's time for it's annual service and MOT. Also as the car is 10 years old with 50k on it
it's time for the cam belt to be changed. Would it be cheaper to do it in one lot go at same garage or get the usual guy to do everything except the cam belt which he doesn't do?

Also I tend to go for a full service every year. Car does 5k with short journey's majority or time. Once a month I give the car 70 mile run all 60/70 roads.

Full service or interim service?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Full service, interim, interim, full, interim, interim full is the norm.
I dont know what your usual guy charges but he should be cheaper than a garage so get him to do the service and brakes and shop around for the cam belt.
Where abouts in in Essex are you? If it’s a London borough or you regularly travel in a London borough I would bother with any of it as the Khan tax is going to kill that car in August.

Where abouts in in Essex are you? If it’s a London borough or you regularly travel in a London borough I would bother with any of it as the Khan tax is going to kill that car in August.

I haven't updated this but in now not giving there. I feel for anyone who does and has to pay his ridiculous fee

If it’s a London borough or you regularly travel in a London borough I would bother with any of it as the Khan tax is going to kill that car in August.
Please explain. I don't watch TV. What is the tax for and how much?

OP: I do short journeys. The only service I need to do is to swap the battery because the journeys can't charge it up. The idea that car will blow up on short journeys is a myth. Passed my MOT a couple of hours ago. The guy claimed worn rubber on drop link. I will check his claim when warmer.

Sponsored Links
They were talking about the ULEZ thing on the Jeremy Vine show today, it might be available as a podcast.
Khan's mouthpiece was on the show, I can't remember her name but it might be Shirley Rodríguez. Anyway, she reckons that 95% of cars are already compliant. Either I didn't hear her right or she's talking out of her backside.

Please explain. I don't watch TV. What is the tax for and how much?
They are extending the existing ULEZ which is inside the boundary of the North and South circular roads to all London Boroughs. It’ll cost anyone with a non ULEZ compliant car £12.50 a day from the end of August 2023 to drive in that zone.

They are extending the existing ULEZ which is inside the boundary of the North and South circular roads to all London Boroughs. It’ll cost anyone with a non ULEZ compliant car £12.50 a day from the end of August 2023 to drive in that zone.
Phew, you gave me a serious scare. I am already in ULEZ and my 3 litre petrol is fine.

I'm just glad I got out and moved. I'm not sure if my car would be ok but it would sure make me think about visiting my relatives there. It's ok the important relative is no longer there. Bad enough having going there in the traffic but paying extra to sit in that no thanks.

Also why is it so hard to get quotes these days? 2 decent garages haven't got back to me. One can do the lot.

Sponsored Links
Back