shed/workshop insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am in the process of the design for a self build shed/ workshop and have a queary regarding insulation tecniques . I have spent many hours, literally ! , looking into a warm roof build but it does make me wonder about the cold bridging on the walls with uprights on the structure ? But have read that even though on walls you would also ned to fully line inside with 25mm kingspan ( some articles stated ) . so much effort into warm roof type but cold bridging walls .
My question is this. Could I just built the shed ( approx 4.6m x 6 m) and then inside walls and floor and ceiling fasten 50mm kingspan with no gaps, butted and taped together right up to upvc double glazed frames ? Then plaster boarded . so walls will be from out to in, t+g, frame work, ply, kingspan, plasterboard. I have seen pictures of someone who just covered the inside totaly from top to bottom with some type of foil insulation then plasterboarded. Any advise appreatiated .

Sponsored Links
Hi, i think you would need to leave a breather gap between the T&G and the insulation board but other than that it sounds ok. Dont quote me on that as someone else on here may disagree...

Very strange way of doing it?

Why not make it a warm wall, rather than some odd reverse cold wall, then the studs are easily accessible for any shelving brackets and such?

How deep are the studs, 75mm of insulation with cold bridging might be better than 50mm without (not certain of this but likely).

You should definitely have a ventilated drained cavity behind the cladding on an insulated timber frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back