Should I be concerned long term?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, this is a picture of my concrete block constructed, Parex rendered wall planters. Inside the planters there is rubble at the bottom and at the top soil in a weedproof membrane. There is nothing covering the inside of the planters that I can see (other than Parex render tops see pic)...it's not the drying out process, it's rain water soaking through the soil or rubble out through the blocks and render. What should I do? What are the long term issue? By the way the water staining disappears after the suns been on it. Thanks
IMG_20220906_100539.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_104005.jpg
    IMG_20220906_104005.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If thats moisture leeching through the wall to the outside it may be prudent to fit an inner liner, otherwise the plants/flowers are going to need a lot of water because the planter will seem to be absorbing most of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back