Should the FA now consider the use of goal line technology?

Goal line technology, instant replays/4th official, or neither

• Goal LineTechnology

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Instant Replays/4th official

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

joinerjohn

Given that QPR were today , denied a clear goal by the referee in today's match versus Bolton. Is it time the FA either introduced goal line technology, or even instant replays on a TV screen (much like they now have in Rugby) The ball today was clearly over the line by at least 2ft, but neither linesmen nor ref noticed it was over.
We have seen instances in the past where the ball has crossed the line and came back out.
Discuss. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I voted play back but I have mixed feelings. Isn't the game all based on fair play, what the ref says goes etc? Seems too clinical if you know what i mean.

With a replay you can see 'off the ball' incidents and divers. If the very traditional game of cricket uses it - why not football?

The main argument used against video replay is that it will hold the game up. Personally, I think VR wouldn't hold the game up any more than these diving pansies who trip over a blade of grass and writhe around in apparent agony for 5 minutes.
In fact, were VR introduced, it may well go a long way to stopping diving and when there were debatable goal decisions to be taken, you know the camera can't lie, unlike a lot of the players these days.

Sponsored Links
Goal line technology for me! Divers should be dealt with after if found guilty, i know this can effect the outcome of a game, but its still open to interpretation? The goal line tech is black and white.

Heard recently that goal line tech is still having teething problems due to software technology not being fast enough to track the ball continuously 100% of the time.
VR is good enough for rugby so will be best selection for football at the present time. Will help to remove the accusations of refs 'favouring' one side against another in goal/no-goal situations.

In Rugby League, the video ref is only used in games that are televised (which I think is unfair)

It would only be fair to have a video ref in all football games too, not just the ones that are shown on sky. It should be across the board, same for everyone.

Talking of the high cost to watch a football match.

What percentage of supporters are out of work, and where do they get the money from.

Could we have a debate on whether social services should monitor the spectators and do a lot of checking.

I find this question of goal line tech. very frustrating because when a mistake is made many millions of pounds could be riding on it. Its like the football fraternity are being led by a bunch of lunatics. It's what very nearly puts me off watching football.

Thank God, goal line tech. is going to be introduced some time.

No point in me voting because for little clubs they will have the cheapest way and the big clubs will have Hawkeye.

Wreckedit, Surely if the FA decide to introduce some sort of technology (into at least the higher leagues) then the FA has to fund the technology. They surely have enough money coming in?

Do those who pay for the whole shebang want it? I doubt it.
Where would Sky's hour-long autopsy of a match be, without contentious decisions? Would football be as popular, without the differing opinions of the fans in the pub, or at work?
We're currently in the mess we're in because the refs have one real-time stab at it, and are pilloried by managers who've been briefed by their army of helpers about how the ref got whatever wrong, and how "everyone in the ground saw it" cobblers, and the armchair pundits who watch it in super slo-mo HD from a dozen angles........

Either the ref gets TMO assistance, or "the game" bans all replays (which are used to undermine the ref, who doesn't have access to them).

Unless the arguments are what you're really after, from a marketing / hype standpoint.

Sponsored Links
Back