shower leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Simple question hopefully, almost not really DIY.

I have an Axor shower, with a leaking shower head. The connection between the shower head and the hose connecting it to the unit is leaking water.

So my question is, so I swap out the shower head, or the hose?

Thanks
Shaun

Sponsored Links
Only you can tell which is leaking, but I'd suggest:

1. Tighten nut / threaded sleeve which joins flexible hose to shower head. If leak stops, fine. If leak diminishes but doesn't stop, replace black rubber washer between flexible hose and shower head.

2. If leak doesn't stop, most likely (but not guaranteed) problem is a failure of the rubber hose within the metal sheathing of the flexible hose. replace hose. Get same length and internal bore. Easiest, but probably most expensive, from Hans Grohe.

3. If still not cured, then new shower head.

Thanks, I'd thought about a new washer, but the water seems to be leaking out of the bottom of the hose connection, the little sleeve joint that connects the two, seems to be loose, I'll try a washer there first.

Sponsored Links
So I added a new into the connection between the shower head and the hose.

I think the leak is coming from the centre circle of the connection, in the picture below you can see the inner ring, the sleeve around it moves up and down and is quite loose.

This one shows the water coming out the bottom. I'm thinking new hose.

I had a similar problem recently. If the ends of the flexible hose are plastic, have a good look for a small crack. I didn't see mine at first.

If so, I'd buy a new hose but make sure it has metal screw ends. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back