Shower mixer query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a shower mixer for a gravity fed system that can cope with high cold water pressure and low hot water pressure? I think my cold inlet for the shower comes direct from the mains.

Sponsored Links
The shower valves we use most (Bristan) ask for equal pressures. Then goes on to say use a pressure reducing valve if necessary. Instructions also say they can be used with unequal pressures of up to 5 to 1.
As tank feed systems can have pressures of not much more than 0.1 bar unless your mains water pressure is really crap you will never get down to 5 to 1.
You could put a boost pump just on hot shower feed or better still fit a pump that boost hot to whole house enjoy decent pressure on all hot outlets.
Or if your hot water cylinder is elderly consider a pressurised hot water cylinder in replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back