Shower mixer tap replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this shower mixer tap as seen on the photos. The top valve adjusts water flow and the bottom valve adjusts temperature. Unfortunately even at the hottest setting the water is luke warm. This maybe because it was made like that, or maybe because it has scaled up / corroded in some way. Could anyone please tell me what make / model it is, and whether it can be replaced in situ with a totally manual mixer (eg one valve for cold and one valve for hot) ?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20210225_194518.jpg
    20210225_194518.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210202_194412.jpg
    20210202_194412.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
I don't know of any modern showers which have separate valves for hot and cold; certainly not any which would comply with the regulations. Have you tried removing the temperature control knob to see if there's a stop in there which could be overridden? No idea what it is I'm afraid. www.showerdoc.com might be able to help if it does need a new cartridge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back