Shower pump causes airlock after a week or so

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a shower pump to my gravity fed dometic hot water system using a Surrey Flange to connect the pump to the HW cyclinder head, and a new dedicated 22mm cold feed. The shower feed is tee'd off the side of the flange and the DHWS from the top per the instructions. The cold water feed to the Hot water cylinder is 28mm , and so is the hot water outlet from the cylinder. The shower is fine but after a week or so the HW pressure in the house goes down and I have to bleed an airlock which seems to be forming in the original hot water supply pipe to the rest of the house. I imagine air might be getting drawn down the hot water supply vent, but I have no idea how to stop this happening ? Is this whats happening and any ideas on how to fix it ? Here's a picture of the setup:

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?c=112v0iel.23ojlckm5&x=0&y=-ej90bf

The pump hot feed is the hep pipe tee'd off to the left from the flange and the original DWHS is above it in copper.

The Hep pipe winding down the middle is the new cold feed to the pump - apologies for the bad run I still need to sort that one out !

Hope you can help me on this

Peter

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back