Shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya everyone,

Hope you all Aving a great Xmas...

If anyone is about to give a bit of info I would be so happy

I fitted a 10.5kw triton (I think is make) a while ago..was a upgrads from the poor one that was in when we moved in...

I'm now thinking ,after cold days working outside I would love to get a more powerful & hotter shower...

My shower now is really poor,,I have a combi boiler,water directly from the mains and my tap pressure is around 10psi....very poor.....

Showers not to bad to bad in summer to be fair,would be nice for it to be more powerful in summer ,but soon as winter comes the waters that cold feeding into house,I have to turn the shower hotter temp to get it hot,and that results in pressure coming out of shower head even slower,im no plumber but don't mind having a go at anything....anyway just looking at water pump.ps to booster water pressure before shower....one on gumtree for £35 a twin salamander but unsure if the power of 10.5 kW would be sufficient to warm more of a flow rate....

Prob also need a pump to suit my situation, but also unsure about that also...

Any help is much appreciated...

Happy Christmas to all of you!!

Kindest regards

Clean1

Sponsored Links
An electric shower can only heat a limited amount of water, the choice is more flow, but cooler, or less flow, but warmer. The biggest factor is how cold the water is entering the shower. Therefore, adding a pump to increase the flow will add nothing useful.

An alternative possibility, might be to replace the electric shower completely, with a mixer operated from your combi. How many kw is the combi?

Your combi boiler works in a similar way to your shower. The water going through the combi is cold and is heated up as it passes through. Fine, just, in the summer when the ambient temperature and the cold water isn't very cold. In the winter when the water is near freezing a combi is aweful. As the shower works in a similar way that is also colder. What will happen if you try to pump either the shower or the boiler the water will just be pushed through that much faster so there will be no advantage. In fact a combi boiler cannot be pumped nor can your shower. The only real alternative is a hot water storage such as a cistern and a non combi boiler. An expensive and the eco warriors will say no.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back